After ten years of teaching junior high English, I transitioned to administration, and I am currently serving as the secondary principal of Central Arkansas Christian School.
I believe allowing students to use technology in class is not the same as showing students how. I’ve made it my mission to model responsible tech use and to give our students opportunities to responsibly use their own technology.
I have been married to my wife (Katie) for eight years. We have two sons, one daughter, and two crazy dogs. I enjoy reading, CrossFit, running, cycling, and winning. I also love listening to inspirational podcasts, and I don’t go a day without listening to Entrepreneur on Fire. And… I’m addicted to Chick-Fil-A and Starbucks.
This blog is my personal blog. The opinions I express here do not represent those of my employer.
I wrote an Evernote handbook for my students last year and it’s available on my blog. If you’d like to purchase it, that would be awesome! I also lead workshops to teach teachers and students how to use Evernote to be more efficient and effective.
Helpful Links & Resources
Books and Downloads
- Evernote Essentials by Brett Kelly
- The Complete Guide to Evernote in Education by Nicholas Provenzano
- 19 Practical Evernote Ideas for Students (free download I wrote)
- The Evernote Student Handbook by Me
- Post Video Tutorials in Shared Notebook
- Digital Notes with GoodReader
- BYOD Classroom without WiFi
- Writing the Perfect Essay with Evernote
- How to Create Individualized Writing Rubrics
- Creating Student Porftolios
- Getting Students Started with Evernote
- 3 Evernote Email Tricks You May Not Know
- Tips for Creating an Evernote Account
- Find Notes Faster Using Note Links
- Search Kindle Highlights Quickly with Evernote
- How to Import Files Automatically
Blogs and Forums