About the Workshop:
Evernote, Inc. Magazine’s “2011 Company of the Year,” is changing the way students can use their own technology at school. Although the free Evernote app is not designed specifically for students, the Evernote Student Workshop shows students multiple ways using Evernote on their phones, tablets, and computers makes them more organized, better prepared, and less stressed at school. In this 3-hour hands-on workshop, students will learn the basics of Evernote, create notebooks for the upcoming year, and experience specific ways to use Evernote for any class. Students will leave armed with a new organizational system that fits their own personal style (and also fits in their pocket).
In just 3 hours, students will learn:
- Evernote basics (creating accounts, syncing devices, email)
- How to create notes, notebooks, and stacks for classes
- 4 easy ways to take notes in class
- How to share and link notebooks
- How, When, and Why to scan documents, record audio, and snap pictures
- How to use Evernote for research papers, group projects, and writing portfolios
- Study techniques, tricks, and tips
- 19 practical, everyday classroom uses students can implement today
- How to communicate effectively with teachers
Participants also receive a link to a shared notebook with new ideas, articles, and the most up-to-date version of the Evernote Student Handbook (a 60+ page how-to ebook full of tips, tricks, and suggestions).